I read a book yesterday called Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl. It’s about wives living to serve and love their husbands. I didn’t want to read this book because I think I do a pretty good job at loving JT, but I couldn’t get around the fact that, yes there are people who have been married longer than I have and might actually have some good information for me.
That’s only partially true. I have also heard mixed reviews on this book. Some came with big smiles…other with eye’s rolling. I tended to nod in agreement with those whose eyes were rolling without giving the book a read myself. Yes, lame on my part.
To be honest, I think I avoided this book for about ten years now, but I was sitting at my moms house waiting for Monkey to wake up and there it was buried under some other book on her side table. So, I picked it up and picked it over.
Now, I’m not going to take the time to do a full review, but I can sum up my own little review in a few points.
1. She has some stinking good nuggets of wisdom.
2. Said nuggets will be tucked away in my memory for my own marriage.
3. She is gutsy, and I like that.
4. There are some things I just flat don’t agree with.
5. I think you should read it and then decide for yourself.
6. If you do read it, go with an open mind ready to receive some great
wisdom and insight.
7. I felt the need to do seven because I like seven more than six.
Okay, that’s my two cents. You know I love to read and will always try to point you to good readin’. Hey, if you don’t like it….well, la-te-da.